Wednesday, April 9, 2008

My ABD Backstage Magic Dress Rehersal Tour Part 2

Thursday

On Thursday we woke up early, left our luggage in the room to be picked up, and went down to the hotel's restaurant to have breakfast. After breakfast, we boarded the coach and set off for Imagineering Headquarters.

Imagineering was my favorite part of the trip, hands down. There was so much going on, you could just feel the energy flowing through the place. Anyway, after meeting our guide, who was an Imagineer himself, we set off down the hallways and into a room where they explained to us, through the use of pictures and video, about the history of Imagineering and where they are heading next. They then proceeded to tell us about their living character initiative, and showed us some video of Lucky the Dinosaur. After the video finished, who would then show up but Lucky the Dinosaur. That's right, we all got a personal encounter with Lucky. We then had pictures taken of Lucky and us, and were able to interact with him for a bit.

After seeing Lucky, we once again broke into our Mickey and Minnie teams and set out to different parts of Imagineering. Team Mickey went first to the sculpture hall, where we met up with Victoria (I believe that's her name, correct me if I'm wrong. She's doing the sculptures for the Hall of Presidents now.) who showed us around and answered all of our questions about her job and the sculptures. After visiting the sculpture room, we headed over to the sound studio, where they showed off their 3-D sound technology by playing an old attraction's audio. Finally, after visiting the sound studio we merged back into one group where we saw the guts of an A-100 and some backup singers.

After the exciting tour of Imagineering, we went to the Imagineering store, Mickeys of Glendale where I spent all my money. I mean ALL of my money. OK, most of my money. I'll include pictures of what I bought in an update coming soon.

Overall, Imagineering was INCREDIBLE and if you go on the trip just for Imagineering, then go for it. It's worth it, especially since the rest of the trip is absolutely incredible as well. Now, I'm rushing this out to print because I promised you guys an update tonight.

I'll be writing daily updates from now on so don't worry. As always, feel free to ask me any questions you guys have about the trip, I'm always glad to help.

Until Tomorrow,
Max

No comments: